Crown Sport Energy Gum Bar Orange electrolytes, BCAA - 30g
Gummy jelly energy bar with electrolytes. With and without caffeine.
- Provides 23 g of carbohydrates per bar
- With 64.4 mg of Caffeine per bar (Only Strawberry and Cola)
- With minerals from assimilable sources: Na, K and Mg
- With a plus of branched chain amino acids (BCAA), Arginine and Taurine
- Gummy texture with incredible flavor and digestibility
- Suitable for Vegans
Energy GUM Bar +Caffeine is a gummy bar of the highest quality with a premium composition that provides all the necessary ingredients to improve performance in your training and competitions. It is the adaptation of our Energy Gel + Caffeine to the gummy bar format, 30 g of magnificent texture that is easy to chew and that will not be difficult to swallow, thus avoiding gastrointestinal problems.
It contains two sources of carbohydrates, Dextrose (in the form of glucose syrup) and Sucrose, which however provide me with 3 types of carbohydrates, since Sucrose is a source of glucose and fructose. These are necessary because carbohydrate intake during sports practice has been shown to improve performance (Cermak, N.M. et al., SM. 2013; Pochmuller, M. et al., JISSN. 2016). In addition, the latest research has shown that a high intake of carbohydrates during sports practice, especially long-term (>2.5 h), improves neuromuscular function (Urdampilleta, A et al. Nutrients. 2020) and also improves post-workout recovery both at the level of muscle damage and at the energy level because it shortens glycogen resynthesis times (Viribay, A. et al. Nutrients. 2020).
But in addition to the combination of carbohydrates, our extraordinary formula has more added values since we have also incorporated:
- Minerals: Better known as electrolytes r salts, especially sodium (Na), which is what we lose the most with sweat and is essential for maintaining hydration during physical activity (each bar provides approx. 112 mg) (NDA Panel. EFSA Journal. 2011). They also provide potassium (K) and magnesium (Mg), the loss of which could be involved in the onset of muscle cramps, they have also been added in the form of highly bioavailable salts, such as citrate of magnesium.
- Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs): Intake of these amino acids along with carbohydrates during training has been shown to decrease markers of muscle damage (Valentine, R.J. et al., IJSNEM. 2008). Branched-chain amino acids are also highly oxidized by the muscle, that is, they are used as an energy source, reducing the use of glycogen in favor of fat. In addition, the intake of these amino acids during exercise decreases Central Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), that is, it reduces the production of Serotonin (neurotransmitter related to symptoms of fatigue and mood) (Kerksick, C.M. et al., JISSN 2018).
- Arginine: This amino acid, in addition to being a precursor to Nitric Oxide (NO), reduces lactate concentration and improves aerobic capacity. Also, being a glucogenic amino acid, the muscle can use it as an extra energy source.
- Taurine: Among others, it has antioxidant, metabolic and ergogenic effects (Galloway, S.D.R. et al., JAP. 2008). Its intake together with the rest of the ingredients has been shown to improve muscle resistance during exercise (Hoffman, J.R. el al., JCSR. 2008). It stabilizes cell membranes by helping potassium, sodium, calcium and magnesium pass through them (Bouckenooghe, T. et al., CNMC. 2006).
- Caffeine and Guarana: We have added caffeine (in pure form and as Guarana), the most effective ingredient for the direct improvement of performance, both resistance and strength (Grgic , J. et al., BJSM. 2019). This, in addition to activating the Central Nervous System (CNS), delays fatigue and optimizes the use of cellular fuels (glycogen and fat). But the most important thing is that it improves muscle contraction (Lopes, J.M. et al., JAP. 1983), hence its effectiveness, especially when fatigue begins.